• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Congrats Bulldog....

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Congrats Bulldog....

More
12 years 6 months ago #231 by Jeff Potter
...on beating Hollywood's record of 32(?) games won in a row. You guys are currently at 36...I wonder how far it will go!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #232 by Lenny Erickson
And which player, pray tell, was the one to finally beat Sean to end that 32-game winning streak? Do you remember? DO YOU?

More
12 years 6 months ago #234 by Jeff Potter
Replied by Jeff Potter on topic Re:Congrats Bulldog....
I don't know...some scrub

More
12 years 6 months ago #235 by Lenny Erickson
No, see, that answer is unacceptable. I wouldn't mind if you had legitimately guessed, and perhaps gotten the answer wrong, or if you had said, "Wow, good question. Since I brought the freaking subject up, I should probably rise to this challenge and either answer it from memory, or take a couple of measly minutes to look it up." But no, you gave a dismissive answer, implying that the person who had ended the previous record-holding streak was nothing more than a 'scrub', a side-note to an otherwise, obviously in your opinion, monumental achievement.
But I suppose that this is the fate of all streak-breakers. Who even remembers Al Smith or Jim Bagby of the Cleveland Indians, who worked in tandem to thwart Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak at 56 games? Does anyone even know who scored the run that ended Hershiser's 59-inning scoreless inning streak in 1988? No.
And mind you, the 32- game winning streak in the IPL was when a 32-game winning streak had some meaning. It took place before the IPL expansion, and the steroid era.
It is this complete lack of respect and regard for the tradition and heritage of the IPL that doesn't sit well with me. Whoever it was that broke that 32-game winning streak should be remembered and held in the highest regard by all who have been fortunate to go through that door that this particular individual opened for all of us. A true legend, whose exploits should never be forgotten in this corporate, faceless league that we now play in. Disgraceful and unforgivable. I am sickened.
Lenny Erickson

More
12 years 6 months ago #236 by Kyle Hathaway
I think Lenny makes some great points.
I would offer that of greater note is that Hollywood Grill is responsible for ending the current longest winning streak. Jeff Vandeweerd upended Ryan "The GENT" to bring the Bulldog 44 Game winning streak to an end.

Thank you Lenny for noticing (;

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #241 by Brandon Soliven
after drudging through all the verbose bloviation, using my unmatched in the natural world deductive reasoning skills i will assume that the "Titan of 8ball" you are so DESPERATELY trying to reveal is, i won't say his name but his initials are Lenny Erickson(yourself). therefore, whilst holding my nose and your recently stolen visa card with the picture of hello kitty, set off to purchase a cheesy plaque of your choice from any of those hole-in-the-wall back-alley trophy shops right here in itaewon. said $3 plaque will herald the herculean feat for all posterity.

as long as you pee in a little cup first . . . . lab results usually take 6-10 weeks and you pay for shipping.
if supervised urination causes too much stress then you can still have the plaque but with a big fat asterisk next to your name.

brandon
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Brandon Soliven.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.