• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Proposal #2 - Forbidding teams or captains to pay players

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Proposal #2 - Forbidding teams or captains to pay players

More
11 years 2 months ago #554 by Lenny Erickson
Proposal #2

State clearly that captains and/or teams cannot provide monetary compensation to players.

This proposal has been put forward, and we will vote on it at the captains' meeting.

The only issue is what the penalty would be, and how we could determine who is paying whom.

As you well know, I personally find it very amusing that someone is or might be doing this, but it has been suggested that we should at least officially ban this behavior from the league.

So, my suggestion is this: State it, and make the penalty pretty costly. Alan and I have discussed it, and have the following suggestion:

Any match involving players who have been paid for their services will be forfeited by the offending team. The forfeit will be scored 10-0. In any games that were won by the opposing team, the ratings and win streak will be counted, any games won by the offending team will not affect the ratings and will not count for or against win streaks.

That is our proposal. Please give us your thoughts regarding this.

Lenny Erickson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #581 by Mark Barnes
instead, why not institute player CAPs or some other talent leveling strategy. which would negate the effects of hiring a player.
Also how would you "Catch" Said Captain.

More
11 years 1 month ago #583 by John Owens

More
11 years 1 month ago #585 by Mark Barnes
Owens,
although I admire your resolve, it is simply too easy these days to funnel money since the invention of Cash. Furthermore, I'm quite sure the people he pays would gladly cut him free.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.