Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Proposal #4 - Charity

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Proposal #4 - Charity

More
11 years 2 months ago #556 by Lenny Erickson
Proposal #4

Charity.

Due to rising costs for the banquet, and due to fewer teams in the league, we have kind of an unfortunate decision to make. We must decide if we are going to include charity donations in our budget.

We have donated between 1,500,000 and 2,000,000 from league money each of the past two seasons. I am not certain how much was donated in previous seasons.

After looking at the numbers, we simply will not have a surplus of money at the end of the season.

So, we propose the following:

No league money will be used for charity. However, we can still designate a charity and provide donation jars at the banquet. The 50/50 raffle money will also be added to the donation total.

This would give us a chance to still contribute something to charity, but purely on a voluntary basis. There is still the potential to raise a good amount of money, considering the inebriation factor at the banquet.

Thoughts?

Lenny Erickson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #563 by Charlie Brennan
If we ain't got it we ain't got it. But the charitable giving is perhaps the thing that we deserve to be most proud of as a league.
I propose that there is an optional on-the-door price of entry to each banquet of 10000won, people who pay could get a little paper button or something like that. If you don't want to then you don't have to... People like to give, but they also like it to be easy...

More
11 years 1 month ago #580 by Mark Barnes
I think it's a great Idea to donate left over money to the childrens charity.
I don't think it's a good Idea to raise dues tomeet donationgoals.
That said, I think there are other ways to raise money for the leagues charity of choice. money and toilet paper are not the only way's tosupport a charity. Generally they willtake whatever supportthey can get.
Whatabout Sponsorship from Corporations?we'dprobably have tore-organizeinto a proper organizationwith a Tax status and all that.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.