• Français (France)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • ALTERNATING BREAKS.

Annonce

Vous devez activer Javascript pour utiliser ce site

ALTERNATING BREAKS.

Plus d'informations
il y a 12 ans 5 mois #274 par Johnny Magyaros
Alternating Breaks is a bad idea and takes away something from the game. Thegame is meant to give each player the right to gamble on whether or nothe or shecan win the toss. Don`t take away rules taht make the game what it is. We are a fun league. Let`s not get technical with changes thatlessens the fun of thegame. If we go that rout, why not just let the ref. simply toss the balls on the table and start play from their.Get serious!!

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 12 ans 5 mois #277 par Jeff Potter
Réponse de Jeff Potter sur le sujet Re:ALTERNATING BREAKS.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I understand your point that every player wants their chance to break.
However, your analogy of the ref tossing the balls on the table is ridiculous. Alternating breaks is a method used by almost every tournament and professional league in the world. Additionally, to keep rules just because that is the way the league started is simpleminded. "Improvement is simply the application of the right ideas..."

Plus d'informations
il y a 12 ans 5 mois #278 par Arnaud Ogier
Réponse de Arnaud Ogier sur le sujet Re:ALTERNATING BREAKS.
Johnny:If the game was to be able to gamble on a toss, I would stay home!I don't see any fun of gambling on a toss, we can be a fun league with fair rules, I don't see any correlations between having fair rules and funny league. It's not because you are doing nonsense that it's fun.I used to play chess in a team and players has to choose who will play with black or white and it was still fun, as we are already using thechessELO system for the ranking, maybe we could also think about alternate breaks.

Plus d'informations
il y a 12 ans 2 mois #306 par Ralph-Michael Chiaia
Réponse de Ralph-Michael Chiaia sur le sujet Re:ALTERNATING BREAKS.
I think we should lag for the break . See my post to consider in the next captain's meeting.

Plus d'informations
il y a 12 ans 1 mois #336 par Ryan Smith
Réponse de Ryan Smith sur le sujet Re:ALTERNATING BREAKS.
I can see why you want to have alternating breaks but I can see players complaining to their captains about being put in the no break spot on the night list or the breaking spot on the list. It would suck a little bit more to be a captain if alternating breaks were done.

Plus d'informations
il y a 12 ans 1 mois #339 par Greg Antrim
Réponse de Greg Antrim sur le sujet Re:ALTERNATING BREAKS.
Alternating breaks are used by many major tournaments and even some leagues around the world. Jeff is absolutely correct there. However, what he failed to mention and what is paramount in this league. Is alternate breaking is ONLY used when you are playing a race against someone. I.e. first to 7 or best of 10. Nobody would ever use alternate breaks on a single game and then punish the next game. That' a bit ridiculous. I'd refuse to play in the non-break games. Most every league and pro tournament give players an option. You can lag, or you can flip. Just as long as both PLAYERS agree on it, not the team.
Just my 2 cents
Greg Antrim

Temps de génération de la page : 0.033 secondes

Cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour améliorer votre expérience de site et CAPTCHA pour prévenir les abus. Nous n'utilisons pas de cookies pour le suivi ou l'identification de l'utilisateur. Veuillez lire notre politique de confidentialité (vos informations personnelles) pour plus de détails.