• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Higher and Lower Division Proposal

Annonce

Vous devez activer Javascript pour utiliser ce site

Higher and Lower Division Proposal

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 6 mois #476 par Alan Green
Agree that scheduling issues could be the biggest problem.
While, as in any league, weaker teams will always lose more often than not, there are not so many near whitewashes when the level of the opponents is closer together.
Am not overly bothered one way or the other at the moment, just really slow at work this morning so started replying to Charlie's post as a way to pass time and it kind of grew into a monster. Wrote it more on how things could work as a whole, rather than expecting a response to each point individually.
Now onto more pressing thoughts of whether wecan beat Ralph and his G-lovers

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 6 mois #477 par Eric Scheusner
Here is an idea (similar to something Lenny and others have talked about in the past) that could create a skill-based league that is flexible and still connected as a whole.
Assuming a total of 32 teams and 20 regular weeks to play, we would begin the season just like always, with 4 divisions. During the first 7 weeks, each team plays every other team within its division. After that, the top 4 teams from each division go into the A league, and the bottom 4 from each division go into the B league.

The next thirteen weeks would be enough for almost every team in A league to play every other team in A league, and the same for B league. Wins would be added up, and the top 8 teams in A league would enter the A-league playoffs. Same for B league.

In the following season, teams would be evenly distributed among the divisions based on how they performed in the previous season. Most A league teams would again win the right to stay in the A league, but they would first have to earn that right by finishing in the upper half of their division.

I'm not sure about scheduling conflicts involving bars with multiple teams, but I think it could be worked out. I also don't know if this would make the league more enjoyable for most participants or not, but it does seem like a practical way to guarantee that the majority of games are played between people of similar ability without locking teams into the upper or lower division.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 6 mois #478 par Bernard Condrau
My first thoughts on this, only talking about feasibility for scheduling and website:
  • Initial scheduling (before start of the season) needs to be checked, as this introduces an additional condition on how the match pairings are assigned. It probably can be done, but assignment of the teams to the initial divisions could not be random anymore. We would need to pre-assign teams so that the scheduling algorithm can work through the first 7 weeks.
  • There would be a second scheduling necessary after week 7 to determine the match pairings for the remaining 13 weeks of play. This would require a change of the scheduling software, using your example: 2 "sub-leagues" with 16 teams each would need to be scheduled, but with links to the other "sub-league" (as 1 team of a bar could end up in the upper league, the other team in the lower league). I'm not the owner of the software which does the scheduling, so I'm not sure how much effort would be involved in this.
  • This would cause several weeks of website rework, as I would need to introduce the split between upper and lower league, otherwise it would be impossible to follow the standings and the ranking in both parts of the league after week 7. Possible, but would need to be decided several weeks before the season in which this would be adopted.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 6 mois #481 par Mark Barnes
-The problem I see with doing this mainly, is that players migrate too often to judge the overall skill level of the team.
The only way to do this is if the league creates the Teams. Who's in favor of that?
I'm not.
you could be paired with teamates your not particularly fond of.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 6 mois #484 par Lenny Erickson
Are you kidding me, Mark? I am already on a team filled with people I am not fond of. Not fond of at all.
Most of them talk funny, and three of them even hold their cues in the wrong hand, for crying out loud. It's embarrassing.
One of them - who, incidentally, talks funny AND holds his cue in the wrong hand - has the audacity to publicly mock me with clownish imitations of how I walk. Disgraceful.
If it weren't for the fact that I am obviously carrying this team, and if each player hadn't approached me personally and begged me not to leave the team, I would happily play on a randomly selected team.
Lenny Erickson

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 6 mois - il y a 11 ans 6 mois #486 par Mark Barnes
wellthey're apparently not fond of you either, but that may have something to do with how you"Gaze" at others uncomfortably. here's a video of what it's like to play with you
video
Dernière édition: il y a 11 ans 6 mois par Mark Barnes.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.046 secondes

Cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour améliorer votre expérience de site et CAPTCHA pour prévenir les abus. Nous n'utilisons pas de cookies pour le suivi ou l'identification de l'utilisateur. Veuillez lire notre politique de confidentialité (vos informations personnelles) pour plus de détails.