Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Timeout Protocol

Annonce

Vous devez activer Javascript pour utiliser ce site

Timeout Protocol

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 3 mois - il y a 11 ans 3 mois #515 par Brandon Soliven
Timeout Protocol a été créé par Brandon Soliven
Two things regarding Timeout Protocol:

1. Calling your shot after declaring a timeout signifies the end of the timeout.
It's simple and it does two things. It indicates the called shot at the same time it signals the end of the timeout. As soon as the player who called the timeout declares his/her shot this will indicate to the opposing player, team, and referee that the timeout is *over*. Any guidance from teammates *after* this declaration will result in a ball in hand foul.
If this is implemented let's act like grown ups and let the refs warn everyone after the declaration no-more help. At least for a while until everyone gets used to the rule.
2. During timeouts the cue ball is no longer nuclear fissile material.
I have no idea how this rule came into being but I cannot for the life of me see how any advantage is gained if one of your team members touches the cue ball during a timeout. Someone please educate me. So a better player on your team takes the ball and positions it on the table. So what? What's the difference if he put his finger on the same spot and you placed the ball there yourself? Or if he tells you "no a little to the left, a little more, ok that's it!" This touching the cueball time-bomb rule seems petty and a shitty way to get a ball in hand. What if this happened in the final game of a championship match? That would suck big time. I also would apply the same logic to grabbing the players cue. In the end the player has to shoot the shot and no one else.
Getting rid of the current rule would simplify timeouts and quite frankly get rid of some silly arguments about touching a cue ball when it's not even in play.
. . . argument activated!
Paparazzi

Dernière édition: il y a 11 ans 3 mois par Brandon Soliven.

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 3 mois - il y a 11 ans 3 mois #516 par Bernard Condrau
Réponse de Bernard Condrau sur le sujet Re:Timeout Protocol
ad 1. Quote the current rule 1.6.10 "The time-out ends when the referee announces that the 2 minutes are used up, or when the player makes contact with the cue ball with his/her cue to execute a shot (Positioning the cue ball with the cue does not end the time-out)". In my opinion there is no need to change the rule of ending a time-out. It should be possible for the coach (example) to give advice on the stroke or cue position just before the shot, should the player forget in his/her excitement what the coach told him/her earlier in the time-out.
ad 2. I agree with Brandon, I also do not see much difference of placing the cue ball and indicating the position with the finger. To be consistent, it should then also be allowed for both players in a doubles game to touch the cue ball before the break or during a ball in hand situation (e.g. one player positions the ball, the other shoots).

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]
Dernière édition: il y a 11 ans 3 mois par Bernard Condrau.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 3 mois #517 par Jim Dewey
Réponse de Jim Dewey sur le sujet Re:Timeout Protocol
It seems to me that the discussion at the captain's meeting and the troubles that this touching the cue ball rule has created would be reasons to do away with the rule. During a time out anyone could touch the ball, including placing it. This would be the simplist of solutions.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 3 mois - il y a 11 ans 3 mois #518 par Brandon Soliven
Réponse de Brandon Soliven sur le sujet Re:Timeout Protocol
Bernard,
Let's take a walk around the league tonight and take a count of how many referees are actually clocking each time out. For the refs that are actually actively ref'ing (paying attention). I can't remember the last time I saw one. For the most part most of us give a lot of leeway of how long teams can talk amongst each other. Currently without a clear understanding by all players of *WHEN* a timeout officially and technically ends there will still be a lot of confusion and arguments about teammate help.

I have witnessed countless times when the player will get down on the shot and get up again and down again and up again. Showing his/her uncertainty about the shot and leading to teammates coming over again for more help. Before calling a shot. When down they can always say they were just looking or practice aiming. This can be argued either way. So by saying "The calling of the shot ends the timeout" gets rid of all ambiguity.
Calling the shot would be the equivalent of saying "Timeout Over" or "Time In". This kills two birds with one stone.

Paparazzi

Dernière édition: il y a 11 ans 3 mois par Brandon Soliven.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 3 mois - il y a 11 ans 3 mois #519 par Bernard Condrau
Réponse de Bernard Condrau sur le sujet Re:Timeout Protocol
Time-outs are seldomly clocked or ended by referees, correct. So, the rule reads "the time-out ends ...when the player makes contact with the cue ball with his/her cue to execute a shot". Can you elaborate the ambiguity this should create please.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]
Dernière édition: il y a 11 ans 3 mois par Bernard Condrau.

Plus d'informations
il y a 11 ans 3 mois #520 par Mark Barnes
Réponse de Mark Barnes sur le sujet Re:Timeout Protocol
How about just saying thecue balls are no longer nuclear fissle material.Judging from his eagerness at themeeting it wasrather apparentthat lennard would like others to touch his Cue ball. the fact remains that most people,(like Brandon and my self)do not like touching other peoplesballs in the middle of the match.
Aiming the ball foranother player is sportsmanship issue not a real table foul, in my view something like that is the Referees responsibility (or opposing Captains) to say, don't do that again or I'll call a foul...

yellow card, red card type of thing.

I spoke with Alan before the season, and my impression is that we were going to try to move towards a deliniation of Table fouls, and Technical fouls, where one would not warrent a Ball in Hand, but a initial warning then ball in hand. to move towards a fun league, and not be so uptight. I think thisdiscussion isaimed in that direction. I'm not sure if that still holds true, but whatever my2cents

Temps de génération de la page : 0.097 secondes

Cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour améliorer votre expérience de site et CAPTCHA pour prévenir les abus. Nous n'utilisons pas de cookies pour le suivi ou l'identification de l'utilisateur. Veuillez lire notre politique de confidentialité (vos informations personnelles) pour plus de détails.