• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Tournament and ratings

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Tournament and ratings

More
10 years 11 months ago #639 by Alan Green
As far as I was aware, money tournaments would not count toward rankings but if no money was on offer, then the results would count toward a players ranking.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #640 by Bernard Condrau
Over the last 3 years, only 1 mid season tournament was registered on the website with ratings for game wins. The background of this is that when I introduced the current website in 2010, the functionality was limited and I extended it over the years. Handling tournaments was a substantial effort which I could not finish until the second half of 2012.
As far as I remember, ratings were recorded in the past for trophy tournaments, not money tournaments. However, this is subject to decision of the executive committee and / or majority vote at captains meetings, and does not need to be like this.
In my opinion, all league sanctioned play should be recorded on the website, with ratings changing when winning or losing a game. This should be irrespective of whether money or trophies or both are given. Referring to one of my earlier posts, I would further suggest to turn all league tournaments into no money and trophy only tournaments.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]

More
10 years 11 months ago #644 by Mark Barnes
eh... why wouldn't you want to have both?

More
10 years 11 months ago #648 by Arnaud Ogier
I agree with Bernard as usual and I remembered losing points in the 2012 tournament. Also, I cannot see the relation between money and ratings? What is (are) the rationale(s) behind the decision to exclude ratings from money tournaments?

More
10 years 11 months ago #649 by Ronan Spillane
Yes Arnaud. Ratings should apply to tournaments or not, whatever the executive committee/ captains decide. Whether the tournament is for money, trophies or both shouldn't really matter I think.

More
10 years 11 months ago #650 by Mark Barnes
I don't see the difference for ratings evaulation if your playing for money or a trophy or whatever prize there is...

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.