• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Proposal for Dues Structure Modifications

Annonce

Vous devez activer Javascript pour utiliser ce site

Proposal for Dues Structure Modifications

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 10 mois - il y a 10 ans 10 mois #666 par Mark Barnes
I propose modifying the Dues structure; I'm open to suggestions on making this Idea better so please..

Currently the price for one team is 350,000

I believe we could use a similar structure to the one in Songtan, where there is a per person cost as well as a team cost. I'mnot sure how well it works but they do seem to enjoy more benefits from their league.. I think they also have a nightly cost, can anyone that plays in that league, provide any insight? maybe these are the wrong price points, any suggestions to improve the pricing would be helpful. Keep in Mind I am proposing this, although my bar actually pays my dues, so this is really just about improving the league, there is clearly a money flow issue.

Team fee: 200,000 per team
Player Fee:20,000 per player entry to the league
Match Fee18,000 per leaguenight,per team (1000 per game)

this would doa fewthings,
A. it would prevent overcrowding of teams with out dues being assessed properly
B. it would likely raise more money, could scare some off. but the dart league does something like this and people still show up.
C. it would make it easier to start more teams
D. it would provide revenue for prizes and grander events

I will admit you may have some players unwilling to commit to a nightly fee, but if it was also explained that they would receive better tournament prizes, maybe participation pins, Door prizes just for showing up., and generally more tournaments with no entry costs, or grander events. I think people would be more likely to fork over a couple of bucks.
yes Owens Attendance may suffer.... maybe instead of shooting me down this time, you could offer some modifications to this that would make better sense. :-P
Dernière édition: il y a 10 ans 10 mois par Mark Barnes.

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 10 mois #671 par Charlie Brennan
Hi Mark,
Sorry I don't really agree with this proposal. I don't want to pay every night! If more money is needed for prizes (an idea i don't believe in anyway!) then maybe the entry fee for the individual tournament should be raised, not taxing money off people who aren't even there for the competition.
Rather than make it easier for new teams to start I think this would make it harder and more complicated for teams to join. Paying for every player you register would suck a lot for less established teams who struggle to get 6 every week; I think Spy club had a roster of about 30 players last season , that's a cost of 600 000won! + 200000 entry + (18000 x 20 matches = 360 000) = 1,16million won, that's quite a hike in fees you're proposing there Mark
Imagine this scenario; your full team doesn't show, you have to play the barmaid and a random drunk guy, who both lose, your team gets annihilated 14-1 and you get a bill for two new players 40000won and your match fee is 18000. 58000 won to get destroyed. That's just gonna increase the attrition rate, rendering more byes.
Sorry buddy, but I 100% disagree with you on this one, in fact I'd give greater support to a proposal insisting on compulsory accordion playing during matches ;-P

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 10 mois #672 par Mark Barnes
well, I can understand not wanting to pay every night, but I definitely think there should be a per person rate along with a Team fee.
The think is it feels expensive because there are many teams with more players than the 350,000 is designed to support.

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 10 mois - il y a 10 ans 10 mois #674 par Bernard Condrau
350,000 is enough to support the league, even with 24 teams only, that's still 8.4 million Won per season. Referring to the dart league, they are paying a fixed amount per player per match, which does not make a difference between a team of 4 (their minimum is 4), and a team of 30, except that the administration is much heavier. We don't even get the teams to pay the one time payment on time, thinking about chasing after each team and player... you would need to do that every week or at the end of the season, not easier than trying to resolve the Unknown Players! And I know that Alan and all others who kept the league running this season tried to chase down every team and every player, and there are still 47 Unknowns.

Get rid of the money tournaments, and you have plenty of money for banquet, trophies, donations and more. We don't play to win money on Wednesdays, why do we play to win money in tournaments? Or are you saying, let everyone pay to play on Wednesdays, so few of us can win the money back in the tournaments? I'd say, if "no-money" tournaments do not attract people to play pool on a Saturday afternoon, so be it. Less worries for the executive committee.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]
Dernière édition: il y a 10 ans 10 mois par Bernard Condrau.

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 10 mois #675 par Mark Barnes
I'm no expert andmaybe I hit a high note with my numbers, but I Stillthink dues need to be addressed differently than they are.

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 10 mois #676 par Alan Green
Not replying to one post in particular, just as a response to the thread as a whole.

As I see it, the most important thing to promote in this league is having fun while shooting a few games of pool, not seeing how much money we can raise. The currentleague fees support what we want to do each season. More money for tournaments could increase participation but I don't think that is a valid reason to ask people to pay more.

The banquet is the biggest outlay, and while expensive, it is open to everyone who plays in the league for that season. Trophies and pins are also a considerable expenditure but it is important to celebrate those achievements.

I lean toward money tournaments, although I think there should also be a trophy for the winner. Instead of raising fees to pay for tournaments that only a small number of people turn up to, or even increasing the entry cost, I think that a double elimination format would enourage more participation.

Yes, the dart league takes in more money, offers a few more raffle prizes and has bigger payouts for its tournaments. But only the seemingly positive aspects are being looked at. Collecting dues and scoresheets each week is time consuming and difficult to enforce. This leads to all the dues not being handed in. Players in the dart league are not happy about paying each week if they only play once. They also have 2 tournaments, we have 3. They had 64 players for a muchbetter paid tournament. We had 42 but the tournamnet was on the same day as the "banquet".

The dart league "banquet" is over shadowed by the tournament on the same day. I turned up after the registration time anddidn't even get a free beer for the 50-60,000 won I paid to the league that season. But that rant is to be saved for the dart league organizational meeting.

Our banquet means anyone can turn up at any point during the night and get food and drink. And plenty of it. Not just receiving a fewvouchers for beer and food (totaling 14,000 won I believe if you paid 10,000 won to enter the tournament).

The Songtan league is also a different kettle of fish. It is, and this is from what I've heard so apologies if I'm wrong, primarily made up of US military personnel who while here have a fair level of disposable income. Plus, there's not much to do in that area so the pool league offers a welcome distraction. On the other hand, I've also heard the league president commands a considerable salary so maybe we should double the league fees and I can get rich. It sure ain't going to happen from winning tournaments - no matter how big the prie money.
All in all, the Itaewon Pool League runs pretty smoothly (minus the unknown players from certain teams). It is there to provide structuredcompetition where players of all levels can come together for a few mid-week drinks. To that end, I think it succeeds.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.040 secondes

Cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour améliorer votre expérience de site et CAPTCHA pour prévenir les abus. Nous n'utilisons pas de cookies pour le suivi ou l'identification de l'utilisateur. Veuillez lire notre politique de confidentialité (vos informations personnelles) pour plus de détails.