• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Points for a forfeit

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Points for a forfeit

More
10 years 8 months ago #683 by Duncan Smyth
I am a little confused about the points given for a forfeit. I thought the unfortunate team left standing the bar waiting to play a phantom opposition that never show up (as has happened twice to us in the past 3 weeks) are to be given the average of their wins(it says 'average game win score' on the site). So for my team with 2 wins (10) and (14) the average would be 12. But I see from the website that our one loss (7) is also included in the average so we have been given 10. And I assume that is what we will get again for the game that was forfeited to us last night.If all games are averaged, then it is quite possible for a team to show up only for a game to be forfeited and end up with less than the minimum winning score 9 (8+1). Friends Kitty Killers were forfeited the game last night and only got 7 points. 2 less than had they won the game by the minimum score. Not sure if this is a computer error or actually how it's done. Now on the website teams are getting an average of all the games they have played and are not receiving the match win point. I think they should get the average of their wins and should also receive the win point.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #684 by Bernard Condrau
Some definition of terms and explanation of forfeits vs byes can hopefully clarify.
  1. A match in the regular season consists of 15 games. Game win score therefore indicates how many games are won in a match, it does not indicate the match was won.
  2. A match forfeit indicates that the team did not show up for the match at the scheduled time. A game forfeit indicates that the player did not show up for the game at the scheduled time. Read paragraph 1.1.5 - 1.1.15 in the IPL rules for ruling of forfeits. Note paragraph 1.1.12 which rules that a match forfeit will result in a 10-0 win for the non offending team, and the match win point will be awarded.
  3. A match bye indicates that a team does not play at that date for other reasons. Those are odd number of teams in the season or a team dropping out during the season. An odd number of teams leaves one team without opponent every week of the regular season. How such situations are handled is not regulated in our rules, the IPL executive team will decide a suitable solution. For an odd number of teams in the season they might choose to award average game wins (all games won in all matches divided by number of matches played) without match win point, whereas if a team drops out 4 weeks before end of the regular season and had played 16 other teams, the IPL executive team might choose to award average game wins, but minimum 8, and the match win point.

The website updates the average game wins every time when a match is entered.
Duncan, JR Pub entered the season but never played, therefore the week 4 match for your team is a bye and not a forfeit. Other teams not showing up would be ruled as forfeits, unless more teams would drop out of the league during the season.
Your team's current average is 10.33. If you win your next match with a minimum of 11 game wins, then the website will show 11 as score for week 4.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]

More
10 years 8 months ago #688 by Lenny Erickson
Duncan,
A forfeit is scored 10-0, with a match bonus point. However, a bye is scored as the average of the team's score throughout the season, with no match bonus point.
The first four weeks of the season, the teams that were scheduled to play JR Pub received 10 points, plus the match bonus point. However, after it was determined that the JR Pub would not be fielding a team, the previously recorded forfeit scores were changed to the team's average score, without the match bonus point.
Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully this explains things for you.
Lenny Erickson

More
10 years 7 months ago #693 by Charlie Brennan
Thanks for your replies & explanations L&B.I don't understand the logic behind a forfeit and a bye having a different scoring system. In my view if a team is forced to miss a game through circumstances outside their control then the points awarded should be consistent.In my opinion that should be the average score plus the match point if applicable.Cheers cb

More
10 years 7 months ago #694 by Bernard Condrau
A forfeit of a match, like a game forfeit, should award a win to the opposite team. It was 8 win games for a long time, and recently the captains voted to increase it to 10, plus the match win point.

A bye is a situation well known in advance, when there is an odd number of teams in the season, for example. This should not "award" the opposite team, but be as fair as possible in comparison to the other teams, hence the score of average win games throughout the season.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]

More
10 years 6 months ago #696 by Ralph-Michael Chiaia
I think when a team forfeits by leaving another team standing there shafts in hand the captain of the team should lose 25 ranking points and not be awarded a "Team Captain" pin at the banquet. Maybe a smack in the face by Lenny would also be warranted.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.