• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • My thoughts on 8 points for Polly's

Annonce

Vous devez activer Javascript pour utiliser ce site

My thoughts on 8 points for Polly's

Plus d'informations
il y a 13 ans 7 mois #50 par Jeff Potter
Here are my 2 cents, think of them what you will...In seasons past when a team dropped out of the league, teams scheduled to play them were given an average score for that match, even the teams that had the opportunity to play a match with them. In my mind, this was a far more fair and unbiased way of resolving the situation. To allow the teams that have already played Polly's to keep their 13's and 12's, while the other teams all receive 8's is a ridiculous resolution. Think me petty or whatever, but this league's playoff schedule is determined by points and I guarantee that this will affect at least one team's standings.

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 13 ans 7 mois - il y a 13 ans 7 mois #51 par Bernard Condrau
Finding a fair solution for everyone is difficult if not impossible. It is very unfortunate that Polly's dropped out of the league, if it happens it is usually a weaker team in the leage. If the average would be taken after the first 9 matches of the season, the lowest ranked team in the league would only get 4 points from the average, although they could argue that they would make more points than this from playing Polly's Lounge Rangers.
However, I agree with you that it is also not fair for stronger teams to only get 8 points for the forfeited match. The average for your team would be 9 game wins instead of 8, and you would probably have beaten them with more than 9 game wins.
As for the matches played, the games and matches have been played and therefore will count. Changing these matches to a forfeit would affect all the teams and player rankings involved in these games and is not fair either.
It will be resolved as follows:1. Matches played will remain recorded, with the game wins and rankings as they were achieved.2. Teams with an average game win of 9 or higher will be awarded the average game win and the match win point for the forfeit of Polly's. This will apply for the majority of the teams ranked in the upper bracket.
3. Teams with an average game win of 8 or lower will be awarded 8 game wins and the match win points for the forfeit. This should apply for the all the teams ranked in the lower bracket.

The logic to reflect this in the website needs to be coded, so please allow a few days until this resolution is reflected in the standings.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]
Dernière édition: il y a 13 ans 7 mois par Bernard Condrau.

Plus d'informations
il y a 13 ans 7 mois #52 par Rod Veltman
Bernard
To quote the rules
1.1.16. Should a team drop out of the league during the season,
the executive committee will determine the most equitable manner
to handle the season schedule and scoring. The executive
committee will report this to the captains at a meeting for a vote by
the attending captains.
When and where will this meeting take place. Im sure everyone would agree.

Rod

Plus d'informations
il y a 13 ans 7 mois #53 par Jeff Potter

Bernard,I understand your thinking and logic, and I think that is a fair solution. Thanks.Jeff

[Bernard 2010-09-09, 02:31:16]:
Finding a fair solution for everyone is difficult if not impossible. It is very unfortunate that Polly's dropped out of the league, if it happens it is usually a weaker team in the leage. If the average would be taken after the first 9 matches of the season, the lowest ranked team in the league would only get 4 points from the average, although they could argue that they would make more points than this from playing Polly's Lounge Rangers.
However, I agree with you that it is also not fair for stronger teams to only get 8 points for the forfeited match. The average for your team would be 9 game wins instead of 8, and you would probably have beaten them with more than 9 game wins.
As for the matches played, the games and matches have been played and therefore will count. Changing these matches to a forfeit would affect all the teams and player rankings involved in these games and is not fair either.
It will be resolved as follows:1. Matches played will remain recorded, with the game wins and rankings as they were achieved.2. Teams with an average game win of 9 or higher will be awarded the average game win and the match win point for the forfeit of Polly's. This will apply for the majority of the teams ranked in the upper bracket.
3. Teams with an average game win of 8 or lower will be awarded 8 game wins and the match win points for the forfeit. This should apply for the all the teams ranked in the lower bracket.

The logic to reflect this in the website needs to be coded, so please allow a few days until this resolution is reflected in the standings.

Plus d'informations
il y a 13 ans 7 mois #54 par Bernard Condrau
Rod,
we will have the captain's meeting October 3 as posted in the Master Schedule Summer / Fall 2010. Location and time will be announced on the frontpage.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]

Plus d'informations
il y a 13 ans 7 mois #55 par Duncan Smyth
When a team forfeits at the moment the other team is given the absolute minimum win points. But a win can be from 9-16 points. I think the team that showed up should be given 10 points and 1 for the match.This is a lot fairer and hopefully simpler for the programers. If the progammers could average out the teams previous winning scores that would be best but that might be a bit of a headache. Definitely the current system penalises teams that show up and should change. I guess it will get ironed out at the meeting.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.034 secondes

Cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour améliorer votre expérience de site et CAPTCHA pour prévenir les abus. Nous n'utilisons pas de cookies pour le suivi ou l'identification de l'utilisateur. Veuillez lire notre politique de confidentialité (vos informations personnelles) pour plus de détails.