• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Stats and other Ideas

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Stats and other Ideas

More
10 years 1 month ago #766 by Mick Daigle
I don't plan or want to spend my night tracking stats. I am there to be with my friends, drink a few beverages and play pool in that order. if the stats can't be tracked via the computer then that's the end.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #767 by Arnaud Ogier
From chess team competition:In a chess team the lineup order of players can not be random, the players have to be in descending orders, from best player to worst, but with a margin of 100 points or so differences between 2 consecutive players.Ex: if 3 players with 1900, 1806,1650 : I has to be either 1900, 1806, 1650 or 1806,1900,1650 orders.It was a matter that you are sure you will play against someone of "your level" making games more interesting.Just a stolen idea from my chess experience. It was making sense to me when I was playing.

More
10 years 1 month ago #773 by Dominic Johnson
I like Mark's idea of a sportsmanship check mark when you edit games. It seems the executive committee has a hard time getting people to vote for the Bob Denny Award each season and this sounds like a decent compromise. The team with the most checks at the end of the season win the sportsmanship trophy. Checks can be made for things like teams that are happy to move games to accommodate a player who is running late, calling fouls on yourself (as Mark mentioned) and even asking the ref to check closely before you play a risky shot.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #780 by Mark Barnes

Mick,
Your Point is Well taken and your not alone in saying that, I agree any suggestions shouldn'tadd toomuchthat it get's in the way of friends,술 and Pool.

Recommend these guidelines for any suggestions.
A. Should not add undue Complexity to the night (i.e. tracking nit noid stats)
B. Should not be designed to make the league more Serious.

[Mick Daigle 2014-03-20, 10:03:19]:

I don't plan or want to spend my night tracking stats. I am there to be with my friends, drink a few beverages and play pool in that order. if the stats can't be tracked via the computer then that's the end.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Mark Barnes.

More
10 years 1 month ago #782 by Ralph-Michael Chiaia

This is a cool idea.Nota Bene:I think any issue that cannot be resolved should be presented to Arno. He can resolve anything. I'll agree to any and all of his decisions.
[Arnaud Ogier 2014-03-20, 10:31:45]:
From chess team competition:In a chess team the lineup order of players can not be random, the players have to be in descending orders, from best player to worst, but with a margin of 100 points or so differences between 2 consecutive players.Ex: if 3 players with 1900, 1806,1650 : I has to be either 1900, 1806, 1650 or 1806,1900,1650 orders.It was a matter that you are sure you will play against someone of "your level" making games more interesting.Just a stolen idea from my chess experience. It was making sense to me when I was playing.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.