• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Proposal to make all doubles games scotch doubles

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Proposal to make all doubles games scotch doubles

More
10 years 1 month ago #761 by Paul Riddle
Ithink the home team should have the choice between scotch and regular. I know Lenny called me many +++ names for deciding to play regular last time, even though his team won, but I like the flexibility.Sometimes a match is running late, and the fact of the matter is that scotch doubles games tend to take longer than regular doubles games. Captains should have the choice. It is also rare for a game to end in one sitting. I feel like enforcing scotch doubles would be tailoring to a specific group's preferred style of play.Bernard maybe you can help with statistics. How many games are played regular, instead of scotch?Maybe that is something that we should be tracking. Why don't we track that by the way? Mark it's another thing that we could track easily. I'd say the majority is played regular, and I think that is reflective of the interests and preference of the league teams. They already have the choice, and I'll bet the choice is often regulars. Why take that away?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #762 by Lenny Erickson
Now, now, Paul, I never called you names.
I threw some adjectives your way, and openly questioned your manhood, but nary a name was used.
Lenny Erickson

More
10 years 1 month ago #765 by Mick Daigle
Leave it the way it is, up to the home team.

More
10 years 1 month ago #768 by Arnaud Ogier
What is the fun in regular doubles? I even don't see the point to play doubles in this case. I even not sure regular doubles are still existing in any other billiard federations.

More
10 years 1 month ago #769 by Jeff Potter
Lenny,Your belief does not make it fact. I was also at that meeting and I "believe" that most people voted to make it optional because a significant number of players disliked scotch doubles. Anyway, do what you want Lenny Erickson. State your opinion as fact. Take over the league with your blatant abuse of power. You should just rename the doubles, "Lenny Doubles". Heck....The LPL....Lenny Pool League. Why not?

More
10 years 1 month ago #770 by Lenny Erickson
Sorry, Jeff, in my attempt to not hurt your feelings, I may have misled you.
It was not my "belief" which made it a fact, it was the fact that it is a fact that made it a fact. It was not unanimous, nor was it "pretty much" unanimous.
Anyway, as stated earlier, that was many long years ago. It has been mentioned to me by a number of individuals, most of whom, Johnny, I am pretty sure were not on pot at the time, that we should take a vote on making all doubles games scotch doubles. I won't preclude that from a vote simply because people didn't like it years ago.
By the way, do you think people would go for changing the names of things associated to the IPL to Lenny? It sounds pretty cool to me. And I quite enjoy exercising blatant abuse of my powers. I have so many, you know.
Lenny Erickson

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.