• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Itaewon Pool League Hall of Fame Candidate - Jim Dewey

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Itaewon Pool League Hall of Fame Candidate - Jim Dewey

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #889 by Lenny Erickson
Jim Dewey -

Jim Dewey first joined the league in 2002, but he established himself very quickly.

When I first joined the Itaewon Pool League back in 2003, it seemed that the presidency alternated between Bob Denny one year and Jim Dewey the next, then back to Bob, then back to Jim. Unfortunately, there is no record of who has served as IPL President and what years they served, but Jim must hold the record for times being either president or vice-president.

Jim Dewey has been a stabilizing presence ever since I can remember. He has often been the voice of reason when all others are losing it around him. Jim has given so much of his time and effort to help the executive committee, even when he was not a part of that committee. My two terms as Vice President, I often turned to him for advice or instruction on how to handle situations that came up.

When it became apparent that I myself would probably need to run for President, I decided that I would only do so if Jim Dewey were my vice president. Jim has always had a love and a passion for the league, and is respected and liked by everyone in the league.

I do not think that you could write the history of the Itaewon Pool League without Jim Dewey being a central part of that history. When I think of someone who personifies what the league is and what it is about, it is Jim Dewey. He is one of the main reasons that I joined the league in the first place.

Lenny Erickson

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Lenny Erickson.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.