• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Pool tables and playing conditions...

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Pool tables and playing conditions...

More
8 years 5 months ago #931 by Mark Barnes

I was trying to think about what can be done about some of the tables in Itaewon that aren't really up to snuff. (you know which ones) Realizing that you can either use a carrot or a stick, and we have no stick to speak of, perhaps Carrots are better..

How aboutshowing appreciation to the bars that do maintain their tables and keep them in top condition?

Perhaps a Seasonal/Yearly Players Table Choice award?

I think we could even do Honorable mentions or whatever. I suppose we would need a way to evaluate the tables in terms of playability. It would also give some weight to argue which bars should be featured in Tournaments.

Pristine | A Pristine condition, Like New, Great Cloth, Great rails, great pockets, Level, NO Defects. Paragon Class

Great | B Great condition, Good cloth, good rails, good pockets, May have some minor defects or other serviceable issues. Competition Class

Good | C Good condition, may have some minor issues, no major game spoiling issues. Pockets and Horns(tits) may be in need of repair. League Class

Fair | D Fair condition, Major work needed, or Several Minor issues, but still serviceable. Rails need work. Boyfriend/Girlfriend class

Bad | F Bad Condition, In need of major repair, cloth, rail and pockets all need service, Surroundings are problematic. No class...

How do you think your table stacks up to these criteria?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #932 by Paul Riddle
I support the idea of giving a players choice award for best table, or best kept table in itaewon. We should make it a proposal for the next captains meeting. I think the bars would really appreciate it and could even use it for a point of advertising. In the last captains meeting we already did discuss the idea of using better tables for tournaments. I think it's up to the executive committee to decide these things and they are likely to use the tables with the best playability. We might let bars know that if their tables are better kept, we would use them for more tournaments. I would really like it if for friends bar and Seoul Pub to have their tables resurfaced with new rails/cloth etc and made level. That is the bar owner's choice I know, but perhaps we could at least give them the contact information for table repair men. Mr. Shim on my team knows the right people to have tables repaired and resurfaced. It would also be good if bar owners were to use real pool table cloth instead of 3 cushion felt which is 3x faster and reduces the playability imo. Another issue is just to have the tables and balls cleaned at least once or twice a week. It's not that hard, and owners can have their employees to do it as part of their regular job responsibilities. Other than that I think most of the tables are decent or great and have few complaints.

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Paul Riddle.

More
8 years 5 months ago #933 by Mark Barnes
hmm, I think focusing onshowing ourappreciationfor wellkepttables is really all we can do. We cannot tell the Bars to do anything, and that's a matter of fact.
Though we can give voice toour opinionsthrough a players choice or player rating mechanisms, and tournament selection. Tournament selection is probably more influential to some bars than others, but it would create a better methodology in our selection process that bars can anticipate.
I admit it maybe helpful for us to inform those who wish to raise their profile onwhat can be done to affect sentiments though I would be willing to bet most of them know already.
BTW you didn't score your table... :-)

More
8 years 5 months ago #936 by Johnny Magyaros
Tee shirts are fine so long as they have collars on them. If no collars, i am not for it. If shirts have collars, a possible logo is: "ItaeWon Big Balls Pool League".

More
8 years 5 months ago #937 by Mark Barnes
wrong thread Johnny.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #947 by Paul Riddle
JJ's / Cargo's table is really great. Top class imo. Certain spots where hitting the wall might become a problem though as Mark well knows. :)
[Mark Barnes 2015-11-19, 15:12:34]:
hmm, I think focusing onshowing ourappreciationfor wellkepttables is really all we can do. We cannot tell the Bars to do anything, and that's a matter of fact.
Though we can give voice toour opinionsthrough a players choice or player rating mechanisms, and tournament selection. Tournament selection is probably more influential to some bars than others, but it would create a better methodology in our selection process that bars can anticipate.
I admit it maybe helpful for us to inform those who wish to raise their profile onwhat can be done to affect sentiments though I would be willing to bet most of them know already.
BTW you didn't score your table... :-)

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Paul Riddle.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.