• English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • DER SHARP

Annonce

Vous devez activer Javascript pour utiliser ce site

DER SHARP

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 10 mois #1018 par Johnny Magyaros
DER SHARP a été créé par Johnny Magyaros
I HAVE REPEATEDLY TRIED TO POST A VERY WELL WORDED WITH ESPECIALLY WORDS OF KINDNESS TO YOU DER SHARP, BUT EACH TIME I SUBMIT AN ERROR PAGE COMES UP; FLUSTRATING INDEED. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG BERNARD?..... I WILL TRY AGAIN LATER..........HOWEVER, I JUST READ YOUR VERY NASTY POST DER SHARP JUST NOW AND AM SHOCKED BY YOUR PERSONAL UNCALLED FOR ATTACK ON MY PERSON. IT IS YOU NOT ME WHO IS EAGERLY AMBITIOUS IN TRYING TO GET A BANNER OR CRYSTAL ROCK BY PADDING YOUR TEAM WITH FOUR (4) 1900 SHOOTERS. SHAME ON YOU AS I ONLY SPEAK THE TRUTH. THEIR IS NO NEED TO PERSONAL ATTACKS MY FRIEND. THE LEAGUE IS AT STAKE NOT YOUR OWN AMBITIONS.

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 10 mois #1019 par Mark Barnes
Réponse de Mark Barnes sur le sujet Re:DER SHARP
See this is what I'm talking about, can you even write something without trying to insult others?

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 10 mois #1027 par Joshua Suarez
Réponse de Joshua Suarez sur le sujet Re:DER SHARP
Johnny, first write out your "kindly worded message" separately in Microsoft Word or something, and then copy/paste it here. This site has a sort of time limit~ after that runs out an error page will come up~ Hope that helps.

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 10 mois - il y a 7 ans 10 mois #1028 par Lenny Erickson
Réponse de Lenny Erickson sur le sujet Re:DER SHARP
Well, that was fun!

I am referring to the post on the Public forum. I would post there, except that I am much too important to post on a “Public” forum.

First, Wolfman, I am guessing that Bernard didn't help you figure out the posting thing, because he was rolling on the floor, clutching his sides, laughing. Those had to be the most entertaining attempted posts I have ever seen.

Second, Mark Barnes, I read Wolfman's original post a number of times (which was not easy with all the caps. By the end of it, I found myself up against the back wall with my hands shielding my face.), and I saw no mention of your name or identity anywhere. None. I can only conclude that what he is alleging is true, based on the fact that you outed yourself on this public forum. If that is true, shame of you, Mark Barnes!

Third, what is this obsession with the need to regulate everything? Rules, rules, rules! Let's have a draft! Let's have a ratings cap! Let's suck every last drop of fun out of our league and make it a semi-pro circuit! Good crap! It is a bar league. BAR LEAGUE (Cap lock for emphasis, not because of instability)!!!

Fourth, I see no need for a parallel league for the top 30/50 players. Do that on your own time. We run four tournaments a season. That gives the studs plenty of chances to prove their virility. I also love when people say “It wouldn't take much work”. Easy to say, am I right Dom, Bernard?

Fifth, why, oh why, would we want our league to be anywhere near the size of the Songtan league? 24-32 teams is perfect. Most all of us know one another. The new divisions are very competitive now. Bigger is not better. And all of these doomsday predictions for the league. Calm down. Only about four teams even care about any of these issues that we are discussing anyway.

Sixth, Josh, you asked why we can't expand into all of Seoul. You say that some players travel 30 minutes to an hour to play each Wednesday, and it would be nice if players living near Itaewon could travel to other areas. And you ask “Why” we don't want to expand to other areas. I will tell you why. Because the players who travel to Itaewon to play have signed on for that. They choose to come to Itaewon to play pool on Wednesday. Having matches all over Seoul would force people who just want to play in the Itaewon area to either travel all over the city or quit the league. Players complained about playing in HBC, for crying out loud! I personally would quit the league.

Here is how I see it. And please try to remember that I have a tendency to be right. If we expanded to include all of Seoul, our league would cease to be what it is and what makes it fun for most of the teams. Our league would stop being a bar league. We would have matches in pool clubs with teams of people who don't drink, don't ever socialize with the other league members, do nothing but pool drills and work on their mechanics five nights a week, and bore the living crap out of teams like the Rats by taking 5 minutes on every shot, without ever cracking a smile, or raising a toast, or enjoying the matches in any way.

Also, speaking as a former executive of the league, the logistical nightmares this would cause literally make my head hurt. It is hard enough to handle the bozos we have here in Itaewon. I can't imagine trying to coordinate a city-wide league.

Seventh, (really, 7th?), Josh, you said “you'll have players who will get maybe one or two games yet spend the entire evening with their teams” and you make that sound like a bad thing? That highlights the problems with stacking a team. I guess I have been lucky having the Rats as teammates. We hang out together after our matches. Win or lose, Rats still booze. We are in no hurry to get away from our teammates. We are actually a team that enjoys playing pool, and drinking, and hanging out with each other. We don't chase the cup. We win the cup, but we don't chase it.

Gentlemen, the league is going well. We have a new division system that has made it very competitive. The less serious teams have a chance to win matches now, and the more serious teams have challenges most matches. If someone wants to stack a team, and if people want to be on that stacked team, who cares? Teams are disbanding, but not for the reasons that you say. Stuff happens, people leave.

Please, let's just keep it a bar league and have fun, and laugh when the stacked teams fail.

Lenny Erickson
Dernière édition: il y a 7 ans 10 mois par Lenny Erickson.

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 10 mois - il y a 7 ans 10 mois #1029 par Mark Barnes
Réponse de Mark Barnes sur le sujet Re:DER SHARP
I was defending myself from a hypocritelecturing me in public. I'm glad you thought it wasfunny, I certainly laughedoutloud.
Mycurrent Team roster consists of only those who played lastseason, maybe it will change maybe it won't, I don't F'incare that much.
I know for a fact DBag was calling me out specifically whetherornot he has the balls to admit it, yes I try to recruit players every season just like you do Lenny, recruiting happens. Deal with it.
I happen tothinkit's warranted considering my team finished near the bottom of the heap after getting our teeth kicked in over and over again.

Dernière édition: il y a 7 ans 10 mois par Mark Barnes.

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 10 mois #1030 par Mark Barnes
Réponse de Mark Barnes sur le sujet Re:Re:DER SHARP

PS: I especially laugh when your stacked team fails. :-P

[Lenny Erickson 2016-06-14, 23:33:55]:

Please, let's just keep it a bar league and have fun, and laugh when the stacked teams fail.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.035 secondes

Cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour améliorer votre expérience de site et CAPTCHA pour prévenir les abus. Nous n'utilisons pas de cookies pour le suivi ou l'identification de l'utilisateur. Veuillez lire notre politique de confidentialité (vos informations personnelles) pour plus de détails.