• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Scotch Doubles vs Regular Doubles

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Scotch Doubles vs Regular Doubles

More
7 years 6 months ago #1081 by Mark Barnes
As I reflect on a recent encounter with a certain beloved crybaby,and an being drawn unwillingly into a philosophical debate about how regular doubles isn't really doubles or some such nonsense as to believe that Scotch doubles is some how superior to Regular doubles. Though snickering to myself and relishing thefeast of Crow,I find it to be an opportunity for improvement in the league.
I propose, since we already track Regular Doubles vs Scotch Doubles thatan award (not trophy) would be appropriate for such competitions.
How about the team that wins the most amount of Scotch Doubles receives a Bottle of Scotch (nothing under 10 years)at the banquet. I think this would spurn more teams to play scotch doubles and drive a more social experience.
Perhaps someone could come up for something for the team that wins the most regular doubles?
-M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1082 by John Owens
Disagree.Choosing whether to play scotch or regular against a given team is a tactical thing. I don't think rewarding one choice or the other would be in the interests of the league.Fin.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by John Owens.

More
7 years 6 months ago #1083 by Mark Barnes
what interests would those be?

More
7 years 6 months ago #1084 by John Owens
Promoting good pool decisions.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1085 by Mark Barnes
So we can throw out sportsmanship, being social andTeam buildingin lieu of making the best tactical decisions?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mark Barnes.

More
7 years 6 months ago #1086 by John Owens
Straw man. In lieu of a proper argument.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.