• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Playoffs on Sundays... Ugh!

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Playoffs on Sundays... Ugh!

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1089 by John Owens
Ok, so playoffs have always happened on Sundays. And some people have always griped about that. Well, now it's my turn:
This house believes our Wednesday-night league should play on... Wednesday nights!
With the league moving to three 'real' (ie, skill-based) divisions, there was an opportunity to shorten the playoffs format. In the process, all playoffs could have been held on Wednesday nights. A crazy idea, I know, but think about it: we are, after all, a Wednesday-night league...Instead, we have adopted a byzantine playoff structure that actually prolongs the process. I might be wrong, but I would guess that the preponderance of players in our league would prefer not to give over a Sunday afternoon to cramming in pool league games. Do we have toplay on Sundays?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by John Owens.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1090 by Lenny Erickson
Yes, we do.
Lenny Erickson

More
7 years 5 months ago #1091 by John Owens
Exactly the level of nuance I expected.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1092 by Mark Barnes
Some of us, "John" have no lives and need this activity just to keep going. I went away for two weeks and became visibly sick because of the lack of alcohol and shitty food consumption. This is like a feast before we bridge the grand divide (time between pool seasons) without this Great binge, some of us would likely perish in the flames of boredom. Forced to play late night stooges like Lenny for whatever cheap thrills it provides, likewatching a monkey fling his own poo. Sure it's entertaining to watch the flailing's of inebriated simpletons but there comes a point when you need the real thing. Perhaps it's your proclivity to loose so often which makes your shy away from competing with 'real' men. This leads me to back to your point. There is a tortured quality to your reasoning, a careful avoidance of obvious conclusions, and a painstaking circumnavigation of embarrassing facts that just because you can't handle it, you simply want to make it suck for the rest of us. Suck it up JOHN!
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Mark Barnes.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1093 by Lenny Erickson
Mark Barnes,
Don't include my name in your incoherent rants.
Lenny Erickson

More
7 years 5 months ago #1094 by Mark Barnes
Regular doubles punk!

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.