• Français (France)
  • English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Proposition for Rule Change:

공지

본 사이트 사용을 위해 자바스크립트를 허용해야 합니다

Proposition for Rule Change:

더 읽기
6 년 10 월 전 #1126 작성자 Mark Barnes
I would like to submit a proposition for a rule change to be voted on in the Captains meeting.
In light of recent events, I think I can speak for many of the players in the A division that we would like to have a common sense adjustment to the rules regarding the Korean Professional system as it applies to women. Given the Skill levels of some of the players in our league, and the love of competition in the A division. I propose a Waiver Process to the Professional Player credential, which in Korea has a much lower threshold for woman then many other countries. Many of us enjoy the competition and the opportunity to play highly skilled opponents for the enthusiasm of doing so. So instead of doing away with the rule, which I would object to, I think a process to allow for discernment should be created. Although I believe and trust the Review would be rather robust.

Proposal as follows.

FOR A DIVISION ONLY with immediate effect

Prior to the Season, a Captain may submit a player for consideration for waiver by the executive Committee. Consideration will be based on Skill level of members of the league and the proposed player. If the Player falls within the skill levels (based on Handi-cap) of the top 20 percent of the league, the committee at their sole discretion may issue a waiver. The committee may at their discrection choose to improve or strengthen the criteria for submission at any time prior to the season start. After the end of the Regular Season all Waivers shall be reviewed prior to the beginning of the Playoffs by the committee whom shall confirm or revoke said waiver. The Committee may also appoint whom ever they so choose to aid in the decision making process as special designated members of the committee waiver review board. If the Team captain is not notified of the Confirmation prior to playoffs it shall be understood that the Waiver is Confirmed.

Please 로그인 to join the conversation.

더 읽기
6 년 10 월 전 - 6 년 10 월 전 #1127 작성자 John Owens
Aside from this being sexist claptrap, it is also muddled thinking. We are an amateur league with three divisions. We are not a collection of amateur and professional divisions. We still have cross-divisional matches.Moreover, asking the executive committee to allow or disallow players at their discretion is simply unfair to all involved. If the committee rejects a player, the team that asked will be pissed. If the committee does allow a pro in, then all players who lose to that pro will be pissed. "I had to play a pro, FFS! How is that fair?"If you are a pro, are you not getting enough competition already? Do you really need to come and beat up on a bunch of amateurs, many of whom arefairly inebriated?And what if it is a male pro, but he's just not that great? Does he get a pass, too?What if the pro is only a pro on the Fiji circuit? Does he get a pass because Fiji is not known to be a competitive hotbed of pool?
No, no, no. The rules as they exist are quite simple, quite fair, and not at all onerous: No pros.Want a pro league? Make one! But the IPL is supposed to be about a bunch of amateurs playing a bunch of amateurs. And getting drunk.
Oh Mark, why are we always on opposite sides of the debate?!
Last edit: 6 년 10 월 전 by John Owens.

더 읽기
6 년 10 월 전 - 6 년 10 월 전 #1128 작성자 Mark Barnes

Probably because your always wrong. Just a guess ;)

[John Owens 2017-06-26, 18:35:29]:
Aside from this being sexist claptrap, it is also muddled thinking. We are an amateur league with three divisions. We are not a collection of amateur and professional divisions. We still have cross-divisional matches.Moreover, asking the executive committee to allow or disallow players at their discretion is simply unfair to all involved. If the committee rejects a player, the team that asked will be pissed. If the committee do allow a pro in, then all players who lose to that pro will be pissed. "I had to play a pro, FFS! How is that fair?"If you are a pro, are you not getting enough competition already? Do you really need to come and beat up on a bunch of amateurs, many of whom arefairly inebriated?And what if it is a male pro, but he's just not that great? Does he get a pass, too?What if the pro is only a pro on the Fiji circuit? Does he get a pass because Fiji is not known to be a competitive hotbed of pool?
No, no, no. The rules as they exist are quite simple, quite fair, and not at all onerous: No pros.Want a pro league? Make one! But the IPL is supposed to be about a bunch of amateurs playing a bunch of amateurs. And getting drunk.
Oh Mark, why are we always on opposite sides of the debate?!

Last edit: 6 년 10 월 전 by John Owens.

더 읽기
6 년 10 월 전 #1129 작성자 Joshua Suarez
I think there's some lively discussion about this on the IPL FB Group Site where Mark posted it as well... Some of which addresses John Owen's concerns. Check it out:https://www.facebook.com/groups/5419118089/

모더레이터: Lenny EricksonDominic Johnson
페이지 생성 시간: 0.030 초

쿠키

우리는 쿠키를 사용하여 학대를 막기 위해 사이트 경험과 보안 문자를 향상시킵니다. 우리는 추적 또는 사용자 식별을 위해 쿠키를 사용하지 않습니다. 자세한 내용은 개인 정보 보호 정책을 읽으십시오.