• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • A heartfelt thank you to a big-hearted community

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

A heartfelt thank you to a big-hearted community

More
5 years 3 months ago #1189 by Lenny Erickson
I would like to give my sincere thanks to all of you who came to my assistance in this time of need. Your response has been overwhelming and humbling.

For those of you who don't know what my physical issues are (I won't get into my emotional and psychological issues here. That is a can best not opened.), let me explain. This very attractive walk that I have is not just to attract the ladies. Oh, no. I was born with a club foot in my right leg, which has required 13 surgeries. These took place mostly throughout my childhood. I never expected my “good” leg to become my “bad” leg, but that is the case. Because of the overuse of the left leg, I developed stage 4 arthritis in my left knee. As a result of this, I also developed stage 4 arthritis in my left ankle. Thus, I require total joint replacement surgery in both my ankle and my knee. Fun times!

I will be going into surgery on my knee on Friday, January 18th at the Yonsei Sarang Hospital near Sadang Station. If all goes well, I will be discharged after 5 days. Hopefully, I will be up and about within 10 days. These are all best-case scenarios. I am confident that I will convalesce quickly and completely. Because of your support as a community and a family, I will be able to cover the cost of the surgery (about 5 million won after insurance) and time missed from work. I will need to have ankle surgery in April or May. Your generosity and love will go a long way in helping me cover that surgery as well.

I will not be serving as president of the league next year, since my medical adventures might prevent me from devoting the necessary time and effort to act as your president. I will remain in the committee, as vice president. My good friend Dominic will be our president for the coming year. He has served the league for many years, both as president and vice president. No worries there. I have had concerned people ask me if I am stepping down as president because of pressure from disgruntled league members, and to that I say, “No fucking way”. It is simply because of my surgeries and all that go with them.

But enough about me. I would like to talk about you glorious people. Dom and I have often talked about why we serve the league. And we both agree that it is because of the quality of people that we encounter in the league. I can truly say that I don't dislike any of you. Some of you are weird, that is true, but not unlikable. And when Dom and I have called upon you to give generously to a cause, you have rallied and produced. From Jon Bell's fundraisers, to the Bull and Barrel fundraiser, to the John Redmond fundraiser, to other fundraisers, your response has been amazing.

And now for me. Wow! You folks are great. It is truly a surreal experience being the benefactor of such generosity from you. You are truly my family and I love you all.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Lenny Erickson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.