• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Français (France)
  • English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumRules • Positioning the bridge for a teammate?

Hinweis

Javascript muss aktiviert sein um diese Webseite zu benutzen

Positioning the bridge for a teammate?

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #967 von John Owens
Let me preface this by saying it did not affect the outcome of the game in question. But...During a match last night, one player positioned the bridge (rest) for his teammate during a timeout.Despite us having comprehensive rules of play, this does not seem to be covered:1.6.6. Singles game. Any player of the same team may touch or position the cue ball during a time out in a ball in hand situation. Doubles game. Both doubles players of the same team may touch or position the cue ball before the break and in a ball in hand situation.1.6.7. No one may mark the table to help assist the shooter. This is to include any visible mark(s) on the table, placing chalk on the rail for an aiming spot, etc. The coach can touch the table though, if it does not leave a mark. This will be up to the discretion of the referee.It would be good to have this clarified at some point.What does everyone think? Should it be permitted or should it be a foul?

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #968 von Bernard Condrau
I would allow this, the same as placing the cue ball is allowed. Leaving marks is different, as it helps in shot making.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]

Mehr
8 Jahre 2 Monate her #970 von Mark Barnes
I think this would be a kin to coaching the shot which I believe is still 'verboten'.

Mehr
8 Jahre 2 Monate her - 8 Jahre 2 Monate her #971 von Mike Park
If the bridge was positioned in a way that the shooter only had to align his cue with the bridge to make the shot, positioning the bridge should not be allowed. The rule states that no visible mark should be made to assist aiming.
Letzte Änderung: 8 Jahre 2 Monate her von Mike Park.

Mehr
8 Jahre 2 Monate her #972 von John Owens
I agree with Mike Park. I suggest this be put to a vote at the next captains' meeting.

Mehr
8 Jahre 1 Monat her #973 von Mark Barnes
...... just mike huh?... I see how it is OWENS...

[John Owens 2016-02-17, 11:30:56]:
I agree with Mike Park. I suggest this be put to a vote at the next captains' meeting.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.036 Sekunden

Cookies

Wir verwenden Cookies, um Ihr Seitenerlebnis zu verbessern, und Captcha, um Missbrauch vorzubeugen. Wir verfolgen und identifizieren unsere Benutzer nicht. Bitte lesen sie die Datenschutzerklärung.