• English (United Kingdom)
  • Thai ไทย (ภาษาไทย)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumWebsiteSuggestions • Pantheon of the Greats (and table of all-time-high ratings)

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Pantheon of the Greats (and table of all-time-high ratings)

More
5 years 2 months ago #1199 by John Owens
Throughout the long history of this league, we mortals have, from time to time, been graced with the presence of the odd deity—players who have obtained obscenely high ratings and still deigned to mix it up with the rest of us. The likes of Dewey Song, Steve Girdlestone, "Mr Woo", Master Shim, Mokie Lee, Paul Riddle, Sam Sheer, JaeSuk Koo, Sang Il Park, Mike Halsey, Larry 'Bhoy' Asor, Matt West.

I propose having a "Pantheon of the Greats" section of the website, where we can see (and worship) these Gods of the Baize all in one place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I've almost certainly missed a bunch of great players from my example list, which was made from memory. This makes me think it would be cool to have a table of players active and dormant (ie, every player that has ever played), sortable by highest rating achieved (and maybe some other categories). Bernard, if you have the time and inclination, please scratch this itch!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #1200 by Bernard Condrau
Hi John, the Pantheon of the Greats is accessible through the Statistics Menu, Top 100 Players. This view has been on the website during the past 9 years and allows you to pull the top 10, 50, 100, 500, or all players who achieved a rating above 1600 in their career. This view has been inaccessible during the past 2 months due to the migration to the new server and new website code. There are still a few other stats views missing, I will put them online once I have migrated and tested the code.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Bernard Condrau.

More
5 years 1 month ago #1201 by John Owens
Thanks Bernard. No idea why I didn't remember that. I'm getting old.......

Moderators: Bernard Condrau
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.