• English (United Kingdom)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Tournament and ratings

Annonce

Vous devez activer Javascript pour utiliser ce site

Tournament and ratings

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 11 mois #640 par Bernard Condrau
Réponse de Bernard Condrau sur le sujet Re:Tournament and ratings
Over the last 3 years, only 1 mid season tournament was registered on the website with ratings for game wins. The background of this is that when I introduced the current website in 2010, the functionality was limited and I extended it over the years. Handling tournaments was a substantial effort which I could not finish until the second half of 2012.
As far as I remember, ratings were recorded in the past for trophy tournaments, not money tournaments. However, this is subject to decision of the executive committee and / or majority vote at captains meetings, and does not need to be like this.
In my opinion, all league sanctioned play should be recorded on the website, with ratings changing when winning or losing a game. This should be irrespective of whether money or trophies or both are given. Referring to one of my earlier posts, I would further suggest to turn all league tournaments into no money and trophy only tournaments.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions. [Samuel Langhorne Clemens]

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 11 mois #644 par Mark Barnes
Réponse de Mark Barnes sur le sujet Re:Tournament and ratings
eh... why wouldn't you want to have both?

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 11 mois #648 par Arnaud Ogier
Réponse de Arnaud Ogier sur le sujet Re:Tournament and ratings
I agree with Bernard as usual and I remembered losing points in the 2012 tournament. Also, I cannot see the relation between money and ratings? What is (are) the rationale(s) behind the decision to exclude ratings from money tournaments?

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 11 mois #649 par Ronan Spillane
Réponse de Ronan Spillane sur le sujet Re:Tournament and ratings
Yes Arnaud. Ratings should apply to tournaments or not, whatever the executive committee/ captains decide. Whether the tournament is for money, trophies or both shouldn't really matter I think.

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 11 mois #650 par Mark Barnes
Réponse de Mark Barnes sur le sujet Re:Tournament and ratings
I don't see the difference for ratings evaulation if your playing for money or a trophy or whatever prize there is...

Plus d'informations
il y a 10 ans 11 mois #653 par Arnaud Ogier
Réponse de Arnaud Ogier sur le sujet Re:Tournament and ratings
I got it!! Alan doesn't want me to have higher rating than him! No it cannot be that :-) So what else?? hmm let me think more...

Temps de génération de la page : 0.050 secondes

Cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour améliorer votre expérience de site et CAPTCHA pour prévenir les abus. Nous n'utilisons pas de cookies pour le suivi ou l'identification de l'utilisateur. Veuillez lire notre politique de confidentialité (vos informations personnelles) pour plus de détails.