• Deutsch (Deutschland)
  • Français (France)
Path:HomeForumLeague ForumGeneral • Stats and other Ideas

Notice

You need to enable Javascript to use this site

Stats and other Ideas

More
10 years 4 months ago #734 by Mark Barnes
I know we just started keepingtrack of first timeup table runs, butare there any othereasy to identify stats thatwecould do?maybe like, if you scratched your eightball inor scratchedwhile shooting the eight ball? possibly related to a saftey victory by causing the other player to basically scratch because you hooked them?

I think this could give more perspective our results with very little extra effort.
Ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #736 by Mark Barnes
I will be asking people when I play them, but I was thinking IAW what lenny had mentioned at the Capn meeting thatStats should never detract from the fact that someone won a game.
so not tracking a saftety victory because that would detract from the goliath award potentially.
but what about keeping track of whether the game was completed in less than a specified number of innings, I personally think two is good, but depending on our league maybe three is good too.

So an example of thiswould be something like if you win in less than two or threeinnings, you get atick mark on the score sheet and at the end of the season you will see whether your game is improving by completing/winning more games in fewer innnings or worse by taking more innings. this could also be used forimprovement awards. Or as Dom likes for creatingMockery awards.

anyway just a thought.

-M

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #737 by Mark Barnes
after looking around for something that was rather easy to implement, I stumbled onto a TDF (table difficulty factor) as a way of helping us evaluate performance ratings. maybe this could be worked into the equation we already use? (I'm sure something could be worked out) There is already a method for establishing these. Though I think it should be right sized for our league, this seems to be for a top amatuer/competition rating system.

billiarduniversity.org/documents/BU_table_difficulty_factor.pdf

If this was used we could see the effect of playing on harder tables vs easier ones. With the non-standardized tables sizes and pockets that we see in some bars this could add another element of competition.

Thoughts?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Mark Barnes.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #741 by Arnaud Ogier
We could easily add the max number of balls pocketed during one inning for each game and for each player. It would lead to a ranking like in nine ball between 1 and 8.ex: if my max run during one game is 5 balls in a row I just write 5 on the paper sheet instead of a cross. And "just" need to add one column on website....not sure I am clear :-)
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Arnaud Ogier.

More
10 years 1 month ago #763 by Mark Barnes
Paul mentioned keeping track of Scotch doubles.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #764 by Mark Barnes
Also,
Tonight we had a player, Duncan Smyth, call a foul on himself that no one else saw. I thoughtit was a excellent display of character and sportsmanship.
I thought an interesting idea would be if Someone voluntarily calls a Foul on themselves that is not obvious and the ref didn't catch it immediately. maybe we could put a tick box on the score sheet and the web interface, for sportsmanship recognition. both captains would have to check with each other and confirm yes, that gets a sportsmanship check mark.
It doesn't necessarily have to be only calling fouls on one's self but I thought if we are trying to emphasize sportsmanship, this would be a measureable way to do it. that rewards being honest.
At the end of the season, we could recognize it as an individual Sportsmanship award (male and/or female) with the most good sport Check marks. (not to replace our Bob Denny award, but expand on it.)
Thoughts?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Mark Barnes.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies

We use cookies to improve your site experience and captcha to prevent abuse. We do not use cookies for tracking or user identification. Please read our Privacy Policy for details.